Saturday, May 1, 2010

Emerson is 1!

I am attempting to post this blog through email so if it's messed up that is why.

We had Emerson's 1st birthday party last weekend, and had a great time. The weather was gorgeous which was quite a contrast from the day of tornadoes before. It's hard to believe she is already a year old. Time has gone by way too quickly. Not much has changed though since she still hasn't a single tooth and refuses to even attempt to walk. I'm fine with her not walking for the time being since when she does I will have two kids going in two different directions.


Emerson's Cupcakes



She ate the whole thing, no surprise!

Emerson in the jumper.

Mommy and Emerson

Emerson and NeNe (I love love love this picture!)




Today, we are headed over to Tuscaloosa to celebrate Alex's (chips nephew) 15th birthday. It's raining of course since we have plans but we will still have a great time. I'm looking forward to going to New Way (I think) to look for a book to read or another devotion book since I get chastised for looking ahead in my daily devotion. Haha.

I am super excited about going to the Extraordinary Women's conference in a couple of weeks in Birmingham. Jeremy Camp and Mark Schultz who are two of my favorite singers are going to be there. I love love love Mark Schultz. His song Love Has Come is currently my all time favorite. It's a great song. Karen Kingsbury will also be there and she's a great writer. I'm going by myself because nobody else wanted to go. Normally I wouldn't go to something like that by myself but I really want to go so I decided why not I'll go anyway. There should definitely be an interesting update after that because I'm sure I'll get lost 20 times or so given my horrible sense of direction. Hm maybe Callie should post on her blog that I need a roomie for the conference hahaha. Her blog certainly gets more readers!

McKenzie and Mommy at Emerson's birthday dinner
(Emerson chose sushi haha)




I guess I am finished with this update. There are supposed to be pictures but I'm not sure they worked since I'm technically impaired. If there are enjoy them if not oh well! Haha

2 comments:

Brandi Kain said...

I really haven't the slightest idea why only certain words are hilighted in yellow HAHA

Katie said...

So. You update your blog once every 6 months or so, right? :)