Thursday, December 3, 2009

A ton of things in one little post!

Ok so I just realized how long it had been since I updated my blog. Bro. Sammy said I don't update it often enough so I will try harder since he doesn't have anything to do. Although I'm sure Bro. Tommy could find him some work. Hehe. It is in fact December which is my favorite month bc I know it means COLD (normally) and of course Christmas...Not Xmas...CHRISTmas. Yet another one of my many pet peeves. This year will be more exciting for McKenzie since she will know what's going on. We don't dwell too much on the Santa part of Christmas. I'm told I'm a Scrooge in that aspect but oh well. She believes in Santa and knows who he is but Santa only brings one gift (a book or puzzle) each year. I think it gets a little ridiculous. I mean Santa can't haul everyone a pony or swingset. Simple thinking says for Santa to take everyone an item they must be small items, I mean come on people. Another thing that currently annoys me is on my iPhone it automatically capitalizes names. For example it automatically does Santa, even does the X in Xmas, however it does not capitalize the word god (see). God (much better). Anyway I just noticed that and it erked me..unfortunately not shocking though. Back to the Santa thing. We are doing Elf on the Shelf this year. The premise is you move the elf each night and the child finds it each morning. The elf reports to Santa on the behavior of the child. You can't touch him or he loses his magic. We will see how this goes. Our elf's name is Cornelius and I'm sure I will be updating on his trips to and fro, with McKenzie as his subject (bless him) he will be a busy little man. On to another subject. My sweet baby is sitting up now which makes me very sad. She's already 7+ months. It seems like time is going so much faster with her than when McKenzie was her age. Of course it's as equally hard to believe that McKenzie is almost 3. I only have two summers left with her before she starts school :( oh well life goes on. And a side note that popped into my head. Ladies: leggings should not take the place of your pants. FYI they are leggings when you don't wear pants guess what...you are needing and missing your flippin' pants. It's called trashy and you look half naked. Especially at church. Please wear pants. If little old ladies are refused entry over a water bottle then maybe we should be doing pant checks Mr. Super Usher. That is all on that one. On to football..Really hoping BAMA pulls off a nice win against Florida Saturday. I think I will have to do some praying after teaching McKenzie to say "Gator-Hater" oops! So for those who don't care about football. Care for that one game. The correct choice is Alabama if you don't have ties to either. I will also have to make it up to my husband since he will miss watching the game on TV bc we will be riding in the Caledonia Christmas parade. Oh yes in a wagon pulled by a John Deere tractor. Never thought I'd say that! HAHA. Monday night we will be riding in the Columbus parade on the fire truck. Oh the life of a fireman's wife...Ok another random thought. I have a new favorite commercial. Chip says I'm a little dumb but I crack up. Geico. The one where the car hits a pothole. The pothole says "oh no your tire's all flat and junk..did I do that?" then "let me get my cellular out, call you a wrecker... Oh shoot i got no phone..cause I'm a pothole..yea...k bye!" Wow it's great. If you haven't seen it you are missing out. You tube "talking pothole commercial" and watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1pNPOZUf10&feature=youtube_gdata

And when you are falling on your face bc it's so funny you can thank me. Haha. Ok I must go to sleep now bc I was told I needed lots of beauty sleep. I don't think it was a compliment lol. Bye!   

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Stephanie Kelley said...

Girl, you were all over the place in that post! : )

brandikain said...

Me silent? Not a chance. And yes Stephanie I shouldn't be allowed to post past 9pm haha.

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

I didn't know you were a blogger... me too! So you crack me up... for one that you wrote that whole post on your iphone! Ugh... I even hate to text.Second... I wear leggings... however, I do wear tops that totally cover my butt... so are you still referring to me? =)

Brandi Kain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brandikain said...

HAHA No Amy I wasn't referring to you! And doing that on my iphone was a miracle might I say..there were a lot of typos I had to fix!

Bro. Sammy said...

Brandi, sorry to be so long in responding to your blog. Bro. T. has had me soooo busy!!!

Blog on, girl...:)